Strangely, it becomes increasingly difficult for us to live the now fully, a difficulty that we teach you to overcome with the Mindfulness meditation technique, to enjoy the present moment with happiness.
Between all the hustle and bustle of the day to day and what was left for the next, did you realize how many steps you took to reach your house or how was the sky? Most likely, no, because you are living with your mind in the future, and not living in the present.
Why is living in the present important?
All negativity is caused by an accumulation of psychological time and the denial of the present; discomfort, anxiety, tension, stress, worry and all forms of fear they are caused by too much focus on the future and little presence notion. Guilt, remorse, resentment, sadness, bitterness and all forms of unforgiveness are caused by too much focus on the past and little presence in the now.
Living here and now: a contribution to face our problems
When people analyze all the problems they have, if they take a few minutes to reflect, they would realize that all those problems are more serious in their minds than in reality. The real problem is not the external causes, the problem is how we tend to react towards them.
Staying present, living here and now will help them, because they will learn that external forces have no effect on everyone, and will no longer be a problem, because here and now there is only the person and not all that million of things they care about.
So that you do not stay in the future, the daily practice of the Mindfulness or Mindfulness meditation technique will help you enjoy every moment lived seeing reality as it is, unmasking the root causes of our suffering and relieving mental confusion. How is it achieved? Reducing external stimuli, helping us to focus on “just being”.
Start practicing Mindfulness
Mindfulness practice only requires that the person stay still, observe and feel. This technique can be practiced sitting or lying down, doing nothing more than paying attention to the breath for a few minutes a day.
Its benefits include:
– Reduces stress
– Increase self-awareness
– Decreases physical and psychological symptoms associated with stress
– Improves the well-being of the person who practices it
– Lets pay attention to the experience of the present moment with interest, curiosity and attention.
Practice Mindfulness every day
Starting to practice Mindfulness is simple and beneficial for our health, mood and the way we relate to those around us. If you have already decided to start living in the present, practice the following exercises:
– Focus all your attention on your breathing for one minute. Leave your eyes open, breathe in through your nose and exhale through your mouth.
– Focus your attention on the sound and rhythm of the breath.
– Choose an object and just look at it. Being aware of what you are observing gives a feeling of “being awake”.
– Free yourself from thoughts and focus your attention on the present moment.
– Listen to soothing music and feel the calming effects while doing a Mindfulness exercise, really focusing on the sound and vibration of each note.
– Observe your thoughts, for some people with stress it is very difficult to abstract their mind from the thoughts.
One way to reduce the tension they generate is to observe them every time they arise, you will be able to lower their distressing effect.
Complementary information: https://www.mindful.org/mindfulness-how-to-do-it/